
This one is a tough call. Yes, I want to support the program and the team. They have had a great year and deserve to be playing in a better bowl and/or a better opponent.
But I do support the team and university. I have four season tickets, I'm a Cougar Pride member (All-American) and Life Member to the general scholarship fund.
What I don't want to do is accept mediocrity. I don't mean from the players but from the AD and CUSA officals who can't find a better venue to showcase the program that carried the banner for them in 2009.
Look at it this way: if Houston had been 12-0 and lost the CUSA championship game, is this where we would have been stuck? The sad and pathetic answer is yes. So unless we go to Memphis for the Liberty Bowl (and Memphis isn't the best place to be in January) we will get stuck with some micky mouse bowl as long as we are a member of CUSA.
So, do I support the team and go to the bowl (at 11:00am on New Year's Eve in Fort Worth...in the Armed Forces Bowl...against Air Force...REALLY?) or save the money, give more to Cougar Pride in 2010 demand better results from CUSA?
No comments:
Post a Comment